Monday, July 20, 2009

Wind makes my hair frizzy, help? (male)?

First of all, I'm a guy. My hair becomes frizzy and puffy when the slightest wind hits it. How can I keep my hair from blowing around?



I'm currently washing it, towel drying a bit, then adding maximum strength gel, and finishing up with a blow dryer. Its not working so great, cause my hair becomes curly again and frizzy before long. Especially on windy days.



Here is what I'm going for:



http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9039/...



I want it to be straight, silky, a bit heavy, staying put, and not greasey.



Should I blow dry longer? Add more gel? Different kind of gel? Moouse? Frizzy control spray? I'm stumped. Help!



Wind makes my hair frizzy, help? (male)?

While this guy doesn't exactly have the hair you want he does give a good styling description. Scroll down until you get to the guy with the black hair scoll some more and he gives his tips:



http://forums.livingwithstyle.com/showth...



If this doesn't work you will probably have to consider a relaxer or texturizer to achieve the look you want. Some people go with a relaxer for children for just a few minutes if their hair isn't really course but soft and curly. Make sure you have some experienced help if you do this it needs to be applied and when it's time remove quickly because you can burn your scalp. Keeping you hair in really short layers on the sides will help it lay down better then you will only have the top to deal with.



Wind makes my hair frizzy, help? (male)?

I recommend you go to a salon and have them chemically straighten it.



Wind makes my hair frizzy, help? (male)?

It could be the procedure you are using. Maybe the blowdryer is drying your hair out, making it more prone to frizz. Maybe you should try moisturizing conditioners and ditch the blowdryer for a while. About the wind, you could try using hair wax or hair glue which are usually stronger than gels.



Wind makes my hair frizzy, help? (male)?

One, check your brushes. Certain brushes will give you split ends which equal frizz. Also avoid brushing hair when its wet when at all possible, without some kind of moisture/conditioner in the hair at the time.



the company frizz ease is pretty reliable



Most drug stores will have it



I think "secret weapon" you put on while you're hair is still wet, then you blow dry.



I'm a believer in pomade as well, but only use the smallest amount.



Also, "Softee" brand Indian Hemp hair and scalp treatment is 99 cents from walgreens. Reduces frizz all day long and smells really good. Use in small amounts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment