Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Has anyone successfully popped a dent?

I have about a inch deep dent on my passenger side door. It's about 10 inches long and 6 inches wide. I tried popping it out with towel hangers (I don't know the phrase for them), they are those white suction hookes used to hold up towels. I was able to pop the dent, but when I gently apply pressure it pops right back in. Does the pop a dent product work? I also saw people using PDR tools to pop a dent, and people heating the dented area with a hair dryer and then spraying CO2 to remove the dent. The dent looks like it can be popped easily, but I can't get it to stay. I don't want to go to an autobody shop and possibly spend 500 dollars if I can do it myself. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!



Has anyone successfully popped a dent?

If it's not too difficult to pull the interior panel off and push from the inside.



Has anyone successfully popped a dent?

Don't laugh but try a toilet bowl plunger, not the one with the weird thing sticking out of it. The one that's nice and flat. Then when you put it on just yank hard. See if that helps



Has anyone successfully popped a dent?

Pop a dent is the only step left before it goes to the body shop.



Has anyone successfully popped a dent?

ok my father does pdr for a living, and if you are in east texas let me know and i can give you his number... but fi the dent is an inch deep all the way through, then a pdr guy will have a very hard time getting it to look right because the metal is so stretched



Has anyone successfully popped a dent?

The Ding King!!!!



dingking.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment