Thursday, July 23, 2009

Frizzy hair...?

I have super poofy, frizzy hair. My hair is medium length. When ever my hair dries after a shower it frizzes out! I don't know what to do. I have tried a lot of products (Garnier Fructis, Sunsilk, Paul Mitchell, frizz-ease, and some others also, and so many shampoos and conditioners! I have also been deep conditioning my hair) Someone recommended getting my hair relaxed, but it costs $120 (that is the cheapest one!) and that is not in my budget (I'm only 13). Any advice? Please help! Oh I have also brushed my hair only with a comb and don't dry it with a towel (or blow dryer because that makes it worse) PLEASE HELP!



Answers much appreciated



Frizzy hair...?

so do i



go shop get chemicals find dem in superdrugs or anywer



Frizzy hair...?

Curly hair by its very nature is delicate. When it becomes damaged or dry, the curls frizz out, and if your exposed to a lot of humidity it becomes worse. Straightening efforts and hair relaxants damage hair. So it's advisable that you don't try hair relaxants even if it becomes affordable. Learn to love your curls. Use minimum shampoo. Use daily conditioner and massage well with your fingers after applying the conditioner and you could try washing the conditioner off by rinsing it with the coldest water you can stand for straight hair. The cold water "locks down" the hair cuticle and makes hair appear slicker, less frizzy. To touch up during the day, wet your hands before touching your hair and smoothen the frizz with wet hands.



Frizzy hair...?

My sister uses this stuff called a leave in anti-frizz serum, after she washes her hair %26amp; dries it with a towel she then rubs it in %26amp; leaves it, she also said try a leave in moisturising conditioner if you find the serum too greasy %26amp; don't wash every day because it dries your hair out too much %26amp; strips the natural moisture. She also says Garnier Fructis is the best.



Frizzy hair...?

Pretty much in the same position.



First of all, after showering; blow dry hair --%26gt; before that use a protection spray to reduce damage and breakage. Then simply straighten it. Straighteners range for $30. If you use it correctly you can straigten the frizz out.



Frizzy hair...?

To get rid of some of the poof, a stylist can texturize/cut some of the bulk out of your hair. You won't lose any length really. Just some poof. I have really curly hair that frizzes when it dries, too. A good haircut from an experienced hair stylist is the first line of defense. Now to products. I use Aveda products. They have some curly hair products. A good conditioner is important. I use the Aveda Color Conserve Conditioner. I just like that one. The most important thing is Aveda Be Curly, or a similar curl enhancing product. This will define your curls. There are a couple of great sites online for curly hair products. Blendedbeauty.com and Mixedchicks.NET is another one. They are for anyone with really curly hair. I've never tried their stuff, but the hair taming results look similar to what I get with my Aveda Be Curly stuff. After washing and conditioning hair. I go through, in tiny sections and get the section wet with water, spread on the curl enhancer, and twist the curl around and around my finger, defining it by hand. If done slowly and carefully, you can get a head of defined curls. It can take me maybe 30 minutes, so I have to be patient. I use clips hold my hair in sections while I'm working. Another method is to braid your hair while it's wet. Divide into small sections. Use the Be curly product and plenty of water while you're braiding. Braid medium free braids. The smaller the braid, the tighter the wave pattern will be. This could take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours, depending on how fast you work. I don't have to secure my ends, because they stay, but I don't know what your hair type is, so you may need small bands. (Be very very careful when later removing any bands if you use them to secure your braids. You don't want to damage your hair) Wrap a silk scarf around your hair while you sleep to protect your braids. You can wear the braids for a day, if you want 'cause they are cute, or just take out the braids as soon as they are dry. Don't take them out before dry or they will frizz. I always dry my braids under a silk scarf to prevent any frizz while drying. When you remove the braids, you should have nice, shiny crimped waves, with extremely little to no frizz. It should last until you wash your hair again, unless it rains, is humid, etc. Scarves are your friends. Sometimes you can slick your hair into a ponytail and let it dry with the scarf wrapped tightly around the hair. Sometimes that helps flatten out poof. My best friend slicks his hair back and puts a hat on (must be the the guy version of the scarf method). And takes the hat off when his mousse dries! Some people would call that hat hair, but his hair is so thick that it would go everywhere if he didn't tame it. A lot of people tie their hair down while it dries. Or you can put hair in a pony tail and just use the curl definer on the ponytail. If you get a relaxer, you may end up with frizzier hair than before. My hair was very frizzy. The relaxer doesn't totally straighten most people's hair and you have to use a blow drier and a flat iron to get that sleek look with the relaxed hair, unless you're willing to wrap you hair, which takes time and practice (wrap set- you buy wrap lotion at beauty supply and use head like a giant roller, wrapping all the hair around head and letting it dry like that. You'd probably have to have a relaxer for this to work) I really don't recommend relaxers. I had too much hair breakage from them. I ended up having to cut off all my hair and start over with natural hair. So, I would say, try everything else first before doing a relaxer. If you are absolutely set on a relaxer, a mild relaxer or texturizer, where they basically don't leave it on as long can tame the hair somewhat, but not cause the hair to lose as much elasticity as it would from a bone-straight perm. Just some ideas. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment