Thursday, July 23, 2009

Want to roller set my coarse, thick hair (I'm black) but afraid it'll be frizzy in the mor

I have thick, long, coarse textured hair. I don't have a relaxer (perm) anymore cuz I let it grow out, but want to try a roller set. Below are the products I have/use:



Magnetic rollers w/holes--Lg. size black and med. size green



Perm Repair Moisture Treatment Lotion



IsoPlus Wrap/Setting Lotion {Spray Bottle}



Mane-N-Tail Shampoo %26amp; Conditioner



Pink Oil Sheen Spray



African Pride Hair %26amp; Scalp Treatment



After I wash, condition, and comb out the tangles, how do I roll my hair? I want soft bouncy curls that will stay, but I am afraid it'll dry out and I'll have a major case of frizz.



I live in a cold climate (Midwest USA) so I'm not sure if this will/won't affect may hair.



Also, in case it helps, I use a soft hood dryer. Normally takes me about 3-4 hours drying time. I am just scared I'll go from curls to 'fro and have to carry an emergency scrunchie (LOL).



If someone could let me know which products to use in which order, that would be great.



Thank you all (-:



Want to roller set my coarse, thick hair (I'm black) but afraid it'll be frizzy in the morning. What to do?

Ok, after you wash %26amp; comb your hair, apply your Wrap setting lotion to the wet hair (I like to dilute mine otherwise sometimes hair comes out crispy).



part your hair into three sections like one in the middle of your brows all the way back to the nape of your neck. I then like to start from the middle back and go all the way to the front. but when you get to the front three rollers, reverse direction going away from your face (this will help the hair stay straight)



after you do the sides and sit underneath the drier, grease your scalp LIGHTLY and the ends of your hair.



IT IS CRUCIAL THAT YOU PUT HAIR INTO A HIGH PONYTAIL now after it is done. Take the hair that is out and lightly wrap it around the holder in the direction of the curl pattern.



Now wrap your whole head with a silk scarf and go to bed.



Enjoy!



Want to roller set my coarse, thick hair (I'm black) but afraid it'll be frizzy in the morning. What to do?

Hi...as long as you use a setting lotion or gel on your hair, you shouldn't get frizz.



Want to roller set my coarse, thick hair (I'm black) but afraid it'll be frizzy in the morning. What to do?

well I'm not sure how to do anything with black hair, always was curious though. but weather doe splay a role in everyone's hair. try calling a local salon, ask to speak to the professional that does black hair. ask them some questions and they'll be able to answer u. that way u'll know and u wont have to go in to have it done, if u dont want too. that is what they do here at one local salon, they only have 1 person that can do black hair, and she's good!!! and great woman...she answers people's calls all the time. :)



Want to roller set my coarse, thick hair (I'm black) but afraid it'll be frizzy in the morning. What to do?

Girl wash and condition you hair, towel dry, and get a good setting lotion. Part your hair into section, preferrably box, take two strands and so the twist, roll and sleep on. It will give the prettiest "Sister hair".



Want to roller set my coarse, thick hair (I'm black) but afraid it'll be frizzy in the morning. What to do?

roller sets are great but the time to sit and wait ....ugh!.......if you have the time ..they seem to do best...



Want to roller set my coarse, thick hair (I'm black) but afraid it'll be frizzy in the morning. What to do?

I know that this may sound funny, but years ago, when girls wanted a straight sleek look, they would roll their hair in tin cans and it produced the smooth look that they were dying to have.



Want to roller set my coarse, thick hair (I'm black) but afraid it'll be frizzy in the morning. What to do?

well after you wash, you need to press your hair. from the way you describe the texture of your hair, thats the only way this will work. before i permed my hair, thats how my hair was and i hate i permed it. so press it and then use moisturizers for your hair to condition it but, if you use grease, only use a little so that you will have body. you can use a little grease and something like pink oil moisturizer and a little setting lotion. part hair into small enough sections or you know how big or small you want the curls to be. then roll with the rollers. either sit under a dryer or just let it sit like that for a whole night. it should be very pretty when you take it down. good luck. you have any questions you can email me.



Want to roller set my coarse, thick hair (I'm black) but afraid it'll be frizzy in the morning. What to do?

OK, we use almost the same products. You need a bottle of Lotta Body Setting Lotion and Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion. After shampoo and conditioner apply the moisturizing lotion then add the setting lotion. you will not have the frizzes, guarantee.



Want to roller set my coarse, thick hair (I'm black) but afraid it'll be frizzy in the morning. What to do?

you just add hairspray on it,it wont be frizzy if you add hairspray/sprtizz on your hair



Want to roller set my coarse, thick hair (I'm black) but afraid it'll be frizzy in the morning. What to do?

Lottabody is definitely a good setting lotion, but you need to mix it with water properly so that it will work right. It leaves your hair soft. After you wash and condition your hair, apply oil to your hair while it's still wet to lock in the moisture. I use Carol's Daugher products, which are the bomb! Try the Tui Hair Oil, Khoret Amen hair oil or Lisa's Hair Elixer. You can also try the Hair Milk which is good for people who have curly hair. When you are parting your hair in sections and applying the setting lotion, apply the oil . It sounds like you may need large hair rods, instead of rollers. If you purchase hair rods, make sure you have roller papers so that your hair will keep a smooth curl. After you remove the rods, try a good oil sheen like Dudley's, which is about $11.99 a can. I hope this helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment