Monday, July 20, 2009

I need help with my bi-racial child's hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

My daughter has "MIXED HAIR" (i'm black and her dad is white) I need help managing her hair. she wants to be able to wear it "out" but I need pain killers for my arms and shoulder blades after I blow dry or hot-comb her hair. Also, she has A LOT of hair. I do not want to relax her hair with a perm, a salon has sugessted that I let them "wet-set" her hair and then they would let her sit under a dryer for however long it would take and the end result would only last a week, but her hair would be straight. (at the cost $25-$30 a visit) she is 9 yrs. old and I do want to get away from the pig tails etc. Can anyone suggest GOOD over the counter products that could help me with this AND not cause me to go broke at the same time. ;-)



I need help with my bi-racial child's hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Ok...this will work....



1) a good shampoo and conditiner.....go to www.redken.com...fill out the questionnare there...it will take 2 mins...to selct your hair type etc... but they will recommend you which products to use....



2) After shampoo and conditioner...blow dry her hair and use CHI silk infusion...this is a silk serum...hair be comes unbelievely soft....



3) Use a good hair straightener...CHi or Sedu...I have a sedu...and its priced at 100$ on folica.com



If you do the above steps....in order...she will have her hair very managable soft and silky...



Good Luck!



I need help with my bi-racial child's hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

The first thing, if you're child has curly hair do not comb it!! combing through curly hair creates extra frizz and loses shape, if you have to go through it do it gently with your hands, blow dry is bad for hair and dries it out while creating frizz, always use conditioner and try using hair oil



I need help with my bi-racial child's hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Let her wear it curly or in its natural state, and decorate it with a colorful headband or something. Don't instill in her that she needs to go and get it "fixed" by straightening it.



I need help with my bi-racial child's hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Well, the only thing I can think of is the relaxer, it helped my mom so she didnt have to do my hair that much. Or you could just braid it in braided singles, like mine is. I like braids ALOT. Also if she wanted it longer she could just extend her hair in braids.



I need help with my bi-racial child's hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

okay don't straighten it!!!! she should be proud of having hair like that!!!!



also if you just comb it lightly it probably goes into an afro...PERFECT! they look really cute and are also very high fashion-though i am sure she doesn't care about that at her age!!!!



there is also many things you can do with it wihtout forcing it to be unnatural and change it EVERY WEEK, plus that is really expensive exery week...



try having the front put in cute corn rows, or all of it put in corn rows-she can enjoy putting cute silver, colored beads in it and that is SUPER CUTE!!!!!



just remember a MILLION people would kill to have hair like that ( me included so teach her to be proud of it instead or trying to tame it-this will cost a lot and just not look or be as natural!)



I need help with my bi-racial child's hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I am also bi-racial.



My father is black and my mother is white.



I used to have un-managable hair, until my mom cut it into a small afro.



Next thing, teach her how to pick it out herself.



I used to brush it while it was wet, usually in the shower and then pick it out afterwards.



If she doesn't like it all that much, dress it up with a cute headband pushing the hair back a little bit.



Believe me. I used to have confidence issues with this hairstyle, but now I love it. It's so unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment