Thursday, July 23, 2009

How do I style with a round brush and blow dryer?

I just got my hair cut into a modified shag hair cut (its longer than a traditional shag) and I'm trying to get the ends to flip out on some parts and in on some parts (to give it a piece-y look). I use a smoothing serum on my hair already, and I have a piecing product as well. But I can't get the mechanics of the blow dryer/round brush to work. I have the right sized brush, and my hair stylist keeps telling me I should give up and just buy a straightening iron (she says it will be easier to style with that). How do I do this? I know the wrap the hair around the brush and point but I can't seem to get the hang of it...



How do I style with a round brush and blow dryer?

I know how you feel..Its hard to do if your not good with all those mechanisms..lol..



They have blowdryer brushes now that make it easier. Basically its a roundbrush mixed with a blowdryer. So you only need one hand basically. I suggest if you look into it, separate your hair into pieces to make it easier. Go to folica.com. They have all kinds their.



Also, they have this brush that is like a clasp. Its two brushes that lock together, bristles facing in. Both sides of it has holes for the air to get into. Their is mechanism that locks it on your hair. As you piece your hair, lock the brush on a section of your hair and hold it. With your blowdryer hand, hold the dryer ontop of the brush where the holes are and pull down! Its really easy!! Conair makes one, you can find it in Walmart for under $10.00.



When I have more time, I do it the long way. When my hair is fully dry I section it and paddle brush my hair dry. It makes it super straight. I then take my Chi Iron and flat iron over it and comes out perfect. You can achieve the flips and things with a flat iron, its just longer that way, but it gives a better result to me personally.



Hope this helps..



How do I style with a round brush and blow dryer?

I would buy a volumizing moose just to spray on you ends. clip up most of your hair and dry from the bottom up letting down about 11/2 inches at a time. or just use a small curling iron with hair spray.



How do I style with a round brush and blow dryer?

first of all, dont try to do it all at once. and it might take a while to get it to do what you want it to. but while your blow drying it twirl the brush at the ends so it will dry that way. if this doesnt work buy a staightening iron and try to flip it out while your straightening it. i hope i helped and good luck!



How do I style with a round brush and blow dryer?

Your stylist is right, it will be easier with a flat iron. BUT you will become dependent on it and have to use it everyday, which will severely damage your beautiful hair. So here's what to do. You need to section off your hair and secure with pins, then flat wrap the back. So first, get the sides of your head pinned of the way. Now (with your brush) blow dry all of your hair in the back to the left, then to the right, then to the left, etc. This is called flat wrapping and will smoothe it down. Next, you need to do it piece by piece, section by section. Simply hold the round brush under a section of hair, and pull out, keeping the blowdryer practically glued to your hair (and the brush). This can be difficult at first, but keep practicing. When doing the back of your hair you want to style it upwards, so you can see. If you want a more edgy look you can definately hit it with a flat iron (only in SOME areas) Then apply a pomade to give it that 'piecy' look. Good luck and keep practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment