Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Are 'ionic' hairdryers really that much better for your hair?

I mean, they're all just about blowing hot air on it to make it dry really, aren't they?



Is the whole 'ionic' negative ion thing being better for your hair in dryers/straighteners just a gimmick?



Are 'ionic' hairdryers really that much better for your hair?

At school, they teach us that ionic hair dryers are the best dryers to use in the salon because they get rid of static electricity and the heat bonds from the dryer bond with the shampoo, conditioner, and styling products and activate their ingredients and they work a lot better.



When I use it on my clients with longer hair, I see that it gets rid of static electricity in the hair...but thats about it lol.



Are 'ionic' hairdryers really that much better for your hair?

I purchaced one of those Igea ionic dryers years ago, I do not notice any differance infact I have gone back to using my regular blowdryer, so I think it is up to you. Personally I do not see any differance.



Are 'ionic' hairdryers really that much better for your hair?

I am not sure. But my hair dresser told me thar diffuser work best. If you cannot get one, or yours is broken, put a sock over a hair dryer and turn it on. It will make the air come out slower, but will leave you with gorgeous hair.



Are 'ionic' hairdryers really that much better for your hair?

Ionic dryers are the best



The reason why is the negative ions cause water molecules to explode ,making your hair dry way fast.



Regular dryers just causes evaporation.



The ions also hit open cuticle forcing them closed. that's why they make your hair so smooth and shiny.



The ions also help to "activate" styling product in your hair.



Also make sure you get a dryer with a ceramic heating element, like the Chi. Ceramic produces radiant heat that does not carry as far into your hair shaft as say a steel heating element. That way Your drying your hair, not drying OUT your hair.



Also always blow dry down the hair shaft. from roots to ends. That way your following the direction of the cuticle layer making it smoother. when you blow dry up the hair shaft you Will cause cuticle to lift.



so its better not to blow dry with your head upside down and blow it all over, (unless your late to work)lol



stylist 12 years



Are 'ionic' hairdryers really that much better for your hair?

The ionic hair dryers do get rid of frizz, but they aren't like ceramics; they don't thin and shine your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment